SSPARKL eReader and Learning Management System
SSPARKL eReader is a high-performance, portable, and multi-platform application developed by diacriTech that allows users to read and manage eBooks effectively. It has a simple and intuitive user interface with access to many smart functions, options, and controls that provide the user enhanced reading experience. It provides a complete multimedia experience by supporting interactive features for eBooks such as video streaming, audio narration, and animations. It works in two modes; Library and Reading mode which are basically viewing formats.
Library Mode features
- Displays an overview of the eBooks in the user’s collection.
- Browse and purchase commercial eBook titles by accessing online store.
- Books can be downloaded to be read offline.
- Manage books in easy to use virtual "Bookshelves".
- Synchronize furthest page read, bookmarks and highlights across devices.
Reading Mode features
- Displays a single eBook's content in a single page view.
- Highlight or underline key words and phrases easily with annotation support.
- Use page navigator controls to navigate through the eBook.
- Seamlessly search and navigate within text, TOC, annotations, highlights.
- Adjust the size of text to make reading easier by using selective zoom option.
- Access Table of Contents.
- View /edit Lesson Plan.
- Convert text to speech.
- Include various media resources type.
- Use widgets (Calculator, Convertor , Stop Watch, Drawing tools, etc.).
- Attend Quiz /Assessments associated with the integrated Learning Platform.
The main features of the LMS are listed below.
- A single unified approach that allows mapping of colleges and schools to Universities and Institutions to manage the entire education system.
- Supports multi-languages enabling roll out of LMS in multiple regions.
- Allows to add and manage users and reading groups.
- Define user entitlements and permissions.
- Publishers can upload and manage eBooks and courses.
- Teachers can build a digital curriculum by creating lessons right from the scratch or upload previously built curriculum (based on lesson plans).
- Question Banks can be created and categorized based on complexity levels,Blooms Taxonomy etc.
- Learning assessments (multiple-choice, reading response etc.) can be created either from Question Banks or manually.
- Provides ability to build and assign tests on any course to individuals or selected groups or entire class.
- Built-in assessment tracking for learners to view their progress.
- Ability to run reports and view analytics to monitor overall progress levels in LMS through effective performance dashboards.