Automation tool for XML based pagination process in Adobe InDesign Software
The InXML tool (US Patent pending - 13-245352) is part of a suite of proprietary software tools developed by diacriTech. The XMLpublishing platform automates most lay-out tasks related to pagination while taking advantage of Adobe InDesign Software capabilities for document composition.
This XML publishing platform utilizes an accurate XML-first workflow, is DTD and Schema agnostic and can use any client-specified DTD per requirements. InDesign to ePub Fixed layout is a visually rich fixed-layout format that provides a way to deliver every page laid out just as it is in the Adobe InDesign Software document or print version.
Some of the major features incorporated in this tool include
- Auto pagination from XML files, including MathML, CALS Tables or table in any other format.
- Establishing a XPATH based control for applying paragraph and character styles.
- Automatic layout of changes based on style specifications.
- Applying Master Pages automatically as specified in in pre-execution (example-applying for Recto/Verso pages and blank pages).
- Auto placement of parts of figures in vertical/horizontal position to compose a whole.
- Auto placement of tables in accordance with the reference cited.
- Table rows can span across pages
- Automatic positioning from portrait to landscape when width exceeds portrait orientation.
- Auto generation and placement of boxes, side notes or marginal notes and footnotes.
- Conversion of multiple input XML files to multiple output InDesign files.
- All edits made during the proof passes are automatically reflected in the output files.
- Automatic movement of specific XPath content to a different layer after pagination is completed.
- Automatic insertion of text variable.
- Swapping content between two different XPath possible.
Single Source – Multiple Outputs
InXML allows multi-purposing of input XML files to various output formats.