InXml - Xml Publishing Tool
The InXML tool is part of a suite of proprietary software tools developed by diacriTech that automates a majority of lay out tasks related to pagination while taking advantage of Adobe InDesign capabilities for document composition.
Some of the major features incorporated in this tool include,
- Auto pagination from XML files, including MathML, CALS Tables or table in any other format. Knowledge in MathML or CALS tagging is not a prerequisite to run this tool.
- Establishing a XPATH based control for applying paragraph and character styles.
- Automatic layout of changes based on style specifications
- Applying Master Pages automatically as specified in DBInXML execution (For example, applying for Recto/Verso pages and blank pages).
- Auto placement of parts of figures in vertical/horizontal position to compose a whole.
- Auto placement of tables in accordance with the reference cited. Table rows can span across pages. Automatic positioning from portrait to landscape when width exceeds portrait orientation.
- Auto generation and placement of boxes, side notes or marginal notes (after applying paragraph styles for Verso/Recto pages) and footnotes.
- Conversion of multiple input XML files to multiple output InDesign files.
- All edits made during the proof passes are automatically reflected in the output files.
- Automatic movement of specific XPath content to a different layer after pagination is completed.
- Automatic insertion of text variable (Text variable is created from the attribute value found in specified XPath based on the input given in DBInXML run).
- Swapping content between two different XPath.